Back to Top
Student Responsibilities Include
- Participating in placement, orientation, and counseling/advisement services and other follow-up services deemed necessary by the College in order to complete their stated educational goal.
- Acquiring and reading the College catalog, schedule of classes, handouts, and other student materials that detail College policies and procedures.
- Submitting unofficial transcripts for all high schools and/or colleges attended to their counselor/advisor if the student would like prior coursework to be utilized for course placements.
- Submitting official transcripts to the Admissions & Records Office if the student is requesting official course credit for prior coursework. All official transcripts submitted to Admissions & Records Office become the property of College of the Desert.
- Stating an educational goal at the time of registration and a specific informed educational goal after completion of 15 units.
- Completing a first semester online individual Student Education Plan (SEP) with the assistance of a counselor or advisor, usually in a Student Planning Workshop.
- Attending all classes and completing all course assignments.
- Completing courses and maintaining progress toward their stated goals.