Agriculture Plant Science AS-T Degree

The Associate in Science in Agriculture Plant Science for Transfer, also called Agriculture Plant Science AS-T, is intended for students who plan to complete a bachelor's degree in Plant Science, Horticulture or related major at a CSU campus. Students who complete this degree will receive "priority admission with junior status to the California State University system." Completing this degree guarantees admission to the CSU system but not a particular campus or major.

Agriculture Plant Science AS-T prepares students for a career as a plant scientist, agriculture teacher, biotechnologist, agronomist or crop scientist, turf manager, farm manager, weed scientist, entomologist, nursery manager, garden specialist, researcher, or landscape manager.

This degree require students to meet both of the following requirements:

  1. Completion of 60 semester units that are eligible for transfer to the California State University, including both of the following:
    • The Intersegmental GE Transfer Curriculum (IGETC) or the California State University GE-Breadth Requirements (CSU GE-B).
    • A minimum of 18 semester units in a major or area of emphasis. All courses in the major or area of emphasis must be completed with a grade of "C" or better.
  2. Obtainment of a minimum grade point average of 2.0.

There are no additional graduation requirements. Students should consult with a counselor when planning to complete the degree for more information on university admission and transfer requirements. 

Course Code Title Units
Required Core CoursesUnits
AGPS 001Soils & Plant Nutrition4
AGPS 005Plant Science3
AGPS 005LPlant Science Lab1
AGEH 005Ornamental Plant Identification3
CH 003Introductory General Chemistry4
ECON 002Principles of Microeconomics3
MATH 014Statistical Methods4
Required Subtotal22
Select one of the following: 137-39
Transferable Electives (as needed to reach 60 transferable units) 2

Units for the major may be double counted for CSU GE or IGETC, confer with Counselor.


Elective units to reach 60 unit total must be CSU transferable, confer with Counselor.

Please refer to Associate Degree for Transfer (SB 1440).